Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Waiting ...

Snow days! I love snow. Always have. Never got that much growing up in Texas. Wished for many a "White Christmas" or a "Snow day" from school. Received very few thru the years.
We moved to Oregon in 1994, leaving Texas in February. So I was greeted by much snow on the way, and the first night we were there - oh what a snowfall we had! I was a bigger kid over it all than our kids were. Lol
Lived in Oregon for 14 months, then in later years lived in Idaho for 7 years. Loved every moment of the snow. Course, it melts and makes a mess ... and goes away. But while it is here - wow. I have been told "Snowflakes are kisses from heaven" - perhaps it is just a longing heart that aches so much to believe those words.

I will be going back thru my journals during these 112 days and sharing some of the experiences, thoughts, and emotions of the last few years. I started reading my writings yesterday - some made me smile. Yes, there were also tears as I remembered. 


Today is a struggle for me. Seems everything I put my hand to takes twice as long (or longer), with little satisfaction or joy. Going thru the motions. 

Listening to "Drift Away" now ... Oh wow. What a perfect song ... what a perfect time to hear it. 

As I wrote once several years ago - - "I am waiting for the storm to pass - wondering what will be left." 

I still wait. 
I still wonder. 
Some moments the storm clouds seem to lighten, the thunder is farther from hearing, and the rains aren't pelting so hard. 
Then, there are moments like this - - has the storm ever raged so intense? 
Sigh.


My hope lies in that tomorrow is another day. Another try. 
Until then - 
Just breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment